Delayed Allergy Response Testing through ELISA/ACT Biotechnologies*
“Allergy testing with the ELISA/ACT Biotechnologies is one of the most rewarding services we offer at Trillium Health & Wellness,” according to Dr. Erika Mennerick. The test covers foods, additives, preservatives, environmental chemicals (i.e. pesticides), and molds, and is performed via blood draw. The results are presented in an easy to understand format with assistance in implementing changes into your diet. This test is helpful for chronic allergy sufferers and those with skin conditions like unexplained rashes, eczema, or psoriasis, auto-immune disease, frequent illness or low immune resistance, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and digestive problems like Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Irritable Bowl Syndrome as well as general abdominal pain, constipation, and diarrhea. This test is a great way to figure out what is triggering inflammation in the body.
ELISA/ACT Lymphocyte Response Assay (LRA) is different from a pick test (RAST test) because it looks for reactions that take several hours up to a few day in order for the reaction to build enough to show symptoms. The LRA is also more advanced than a simple IgG test which can have a large number of false-positive reactions; IgG tests cannot delineate between protective and reactive immunoglobulins. A prick test (pricking the arm or back and waiting 20 minutes for a skin reaction) only looks for immediate allergies (IgE) and misses delayed reactions (except for IgG4, a small percentage of reactions). Because the ELISA/ACT LRA is done via blood draw, it can be performed on patients as young as 2 years old.
An initial exam is required to determine which test is most appropriate for your condition and to provide you with the test preparation instructions. Those with an auto-immune diagnosis or significant chronic illness can expect to require more extensive testing than those with new conditions or mild symptoms. To view the list of included items for each panel click ELISA ACT Test Panels.
- All Inclusive Panel: $1500 includes 504 items tested (best for severe, chronic, long-standing illness)
- Professional Choice Plus Panel: $1050 includes 405 items tested (Dr. Mennerick’s recommended panel)
- Professional Choice Panel: $975 includes 387 items tested
- Comprehensive Panel: $835 includes 315 items tested
- Enhanced Basic Panel: $525 includes 212 items tested (only for mild, limited illness and small children)
*Updated 4/15/2017. Prices and panels subject to change without notice. Initial exam required. These specialized tests are NOT covered by insurance. Additional panels available upon request.
General Lab Testing
In-office blood draws are also available for routine blood work such as screening for cholesterol, thyroid, anemia, liver enzymes, vitamin deficiencies and more. These are often covered by insurance.
Other Specialized Testing
- Microbiology stool testing- helpful for constipation/diarrhea, fibromyalgia, psoriasis, acne, rheumatoid arthritis, and more
- SpectraCell Micronutrient testing
- Adrenal testing- Cortisol and DHEA for chronic fatigue
- Saliva female hormone profiles- PMS, irregular cycles, peri-menopause, PCOS
- Urine neurotransmitter testing- insomnia, stress & fatigue, anxiety, ADHD