“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of the human frame, in a proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” -Thomas Edison
We believe that each person should feel like they have the ability to take control of their health. We believe that movement can decrease pain. We believe that sustainable exercise can change how you feel, both physically and mentally. We believe that you recover faster when you are an active participant in treatment.
We believe that by taking control of one’s health, people can decrease their dependence on medications, caffeine, sugar, and poor sleep to get them through their day. We believe that food plays an essential role in how we feel and that simple changes in what we eat can have profound changes on our energy, attitude, and health. We believe that health is not merely the absence of disease but the ability to thrive, enjoy, and feel energized. We want to teach you how.
Your First Visit
In order to make the most of our time together, please fill-out our new patient documents that were sent to you prior to your first appointment. You can find these in the patient portal. Because you’ll be moving around, please bring or wear athletic clothes (shorts and a t-shirt, etc.). No hooded-sweatshirts or turtlenecks, please!
Expect your first visit to last 40-60 minutes, depending on the complexity of your condition. Follow-up visits are scheduled in 20 or 40 minute increments.
At your first visit, you can expect the doctor to review your history with you and perform a detailed exam which may include orthopedic tests, functional screenings to watch how you move, gait analysis, neurological testing, muscle strength testing, soft tissue assessment, and other exams as needed. Although not necessary on all patients, imaging studies may be ordered to help with determining the extent of the condition. Lab tests are helpful in detecting underlying problems and can be performed in-office. Once all the findings have been gathered, the doctor will give you a detailed explanation of your condition and the decision will be made whether or not he/she can help you with your problem or if you would be better served with a referral to another provider. If you and the doctor decided to proceed with care, treatment recommendations will be made and begins on the first visit in most cases. We strive to provide you with some relief on the first day but that may or may not include a chiropractic adjustment as we use many different strategies in treatment.
Pricing & Insurance
We are out-of-network with all insurance (except Medicare). We are happy to provide you a detailed receipt (Superbill) to submit claims to your PPO for direct reimbursement from your insurance company. Please notify us at the time of your visit if you would like one.
- New Patient Visit: New to our office or Patients not seen in the last 3 years. Includes consultation, examination, and treatment provided on that day.
- Adults- (60 min) $220
- Teens & Kids- (40 min) $165
- Existing Patient, New Problem Visit (30 min) $92 – Existing patients with a new problem or patients not seen in the past 6 months. Includes exam & treatment provided on that day.
- Follow Up Visits – Continuation of care after exam.
- Standard Visit (20 min) $56 – soft tissue + adjustment
- Extended Visit (30-40 min) $92 – combination of any 2 units of therapy (soft tissue + adjustment, Graston, myofascial release, rehab, etc.)
- Nutrition/Lab Consult (40 min) $95
- Labs, Supplements, and other testing Price per item. Estimates discussed at visit.
- X-rays, MRI, or other imaging (typically not needed): ordered at Rayus Radiology in Geneva (Randall Rd. & Fargo Blvd.). Rayus bills your insurance directly for any imaging.
Wellness Care: Established patients only. No active symptoms. Includes an adjustment, and brief soft tissue or rehab.
- Wellness Care- Adults $56
- Wellness Care- Kids <14yrs $40
- Medicare Maintenance (Wellness) $41.19 – Price is set by Medicare directly
All prices listed are only for patients who pay at time of service. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Medicare Part B Patients
- Medicare coverage for chiropractic care is VERY limited. They do not cover exams (required), exercises & stretching, or soft tissue work.
- Medicare Part B ONLY covers chiropractic spinal adjustments when medically necessary and under active treatment for a condition that is expected to get better/resolve. If your condition is ongoing and you get adjust as part of your wellness or maintenance care, Medicare does not cover these services.
- We do NOT accept any Medicare Advantage plans. Payment is due at the time of service at the rates listed above.
Infants, children, and active adults. Dr. Mennerick has worked with elite level cross-country skiers, high school swimmers and softball players, avid cyclists, pregnant women, hard charging professionals, recreational marathon runners, Celiac conquerors, and those just getting off the couch in an effort to live a healthier life. Dr. Mennerick thrives on the puzzle of finding all the pieces to help guide you to relief and a healthier life. She loves the science part of being a chiropractor and makes it her goal to include evidence-based practices in her care.
X-rays are NOT required on all patients, but are sometimes necessary in cases of trauma or if you are not improving. We are able to order x-rays and advanced imaging as needed conveniently with Rayus Radiology in Geneva.
We use private treatment rooms and each patient is treated with compassion and respect. Your confidential information is never shared without your permission.
We do not use long-term contracts. You only pay for the care you need. Each person is scheduled based on their condition and there is no set time-line for the length of care.
After your first visit (which includes exam and treatment if appropriate), a typical trial of care starts with 3-5 visits over 2-3 weeks. Additional care maybe recommended, but we expect to see noticeable improvement within this time. If not, we are adjusting the treatment plan or ordering additional testing or imaging to further investigate. We do our best to estimate when you might expect to feel better, but change is as unique as our patients.
After the initial care, we decrease frequency of visits to once per week or every other week to monitor progress for a few visit. We are always working to create independence by teaching you rehab and strength exercises to help maintain your progress and prevent future incidence of injury.
The short answer is No, you do not have to keep coming forever in order to maintain progress! Our goal is always to create independence in our patients and teach you how to keep yourself moving well.
Many patients find that the enjoy and benefit from periodic Wellness Care adjustments that help them move better and keep stiffness and achiness at bay especially as they get older. Wellness Care adjustments are scheduled every 4-6 weeks as needed but are not required. If you have a new problem arise, we will schedule a longer visit to reassess your condition and start a new treatment plan.
In addition to musculoskeletal care, Dr. Mennerick works with patients on whole health concerns like fatigue, anxiety or depression, ADHD, digestive issues like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), pregnancy aches & pains as well as postpartum rehab, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and peri-menopause symptoms. She does blood draws and lab work, manages diet and exercises, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, and food allergy/sensitivity testing. She treats patients who just want to feel better and have more energy. We use high quality combinations of vitamins and natural supplements.